Professional Teeth Whitening in Boca Raton, FL
Teeth Whitening Solutions
Teeth whitening is a process of removing surface stains from teeth in order to restore their natural color and brightness. This is typically done through the use of professional dental products, such as bleaching gels or laser treatments, that can break down the bonds between teeth and discolored molecules.
Teeth whitening can enhance your appearance by providing you with a radiant, beautiful smile. It can also help improve your oral health by removing surface stains and discoloration that can contribute to the development of tooth decay or cavities.
In-Office Professional Tooth Whitening
In-office teeth whitening is a convenient and effective way to whiten your teeth in one easy appointment. Our dental team will use professional products to safely lighten your teeth up to 8 shades lighter in one treatment. In addition to being fast and easy, professional tooth whitening offers longer-lasting results than at-home treatments.
Convenient Take-Home Tooth Whitening Kits
Causes of Tooth Discoloration
1. Discoloration Due to Tobacco Use
Smoking and chewing tobacco can leave deposits on the teeth, which will gradually darken over time. Additionally, the tar in cigarettes and other types of tobacco products can deeply stain the teeth, leaving them yellow or brown. Quitting smoking or chewing tobacco is the best way to prevent this kind of discoloration.
2. Tooth Discoloration Caused by Poor Oral Hygiene
3. Discoloration from Dark-Colored Foods and Beverages
Drinking coffee, tea, and wine can stain the teeth over time. Eating certain foods like blueberries, soy sauce, and curry can also cause discoloration.
4. Natural Discoloration with Aging
Teeth Whitening Process
Professional tooth whitening typically takes about one hour to complete and involves the following steps:
- Your dentist will begin the teeth bleaching process by carefully evaluating your teeth and gums to ensure that whitening is appropriate for you.
- We will then apply a protective barrier to the gums before applying a bleaching agent to the teeth. The bleaching agent helps to break down the bonds between teeth and discolored molecules.
- Once the bleaching agent has been applied, we will activate it using a special light or laser. This helps to increase the effectiveness of the treatment and may also help to speed up the process. During this step, you may feel a slight tingling sensation as the bleaching agent is activated.
- Once the teeth have been whitened, we will remove the bleaching agent and apply fluoride-containing toothpaste to help strengthen and protect your teeth.